BC Centre for Palliative Care
These sessions are for anyone working with people who are affected by serious illness and looking to incorporate the palliative approach to care into your daily practice. These short 30-minute sessions are designed to be a vehicle for sharing your own experience, resourcefulness, and inventiveness in your work and your daily interactions with patients across the care systems.
Eight Learning Hub modules have been created by a team of experts in palliative care and adult education, alongside a focus group of health care providers varying in age, disciplines, and stages in careers with little experience in palliative care. This education can be applied to patients of any age, at any point from diagnosis to bereavement, in all care settings.
Each module takes about 15 minutes to complete and are foundational learnings for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, social workers, counsellors, allied health, and students who are not familiar with palliative care and a palliative approach but provide direct care for people with life-limiting illness in any health care setting.
We encourage session attendees to complete the first module (Domain 1: Palliative approach) prior to attending a Flexing Your Core: the 30-minute Palliative workout ECHO session. Each ECHO session, like the Learning Hub modules, is designed to optimize your learning in a short amount of time..
These eight Learning Hub modules are free to join and cover the following topics:
- Principles of Palliative Care and Palliative Approach: session was held on February 17, 2023
- Cultural Safety and Humility: session was held on February 24, 2023
- Communication: session was held on March 3, 2023
- Comfort and Quality of Life: session was held on March 10, 2023
- Care Planning and Collaborative Practice: session was held on March 24, 2023
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement: session was held on March 31, 2023
- Professional and Ethical Practice: session was held on April 21, 2023
- Self-Care: session was held on April 28, 2023
- Care Planning and Collaborative Practice: session was held on May 5, 2023