BC Centre for Palliative Care
These sessions are for anyone working with people who are affected by serious illness and looking to incorporate the palliative approach to care into your daily practice. These short 30-minute sessions are designed to be a vehicle for sharing your own experience, resourcefulness, and inventiveness in your work and your daily interactions with patients across the care systems.
Eight Learning Hub modules have been created by a team of experts in palliative care and adult education, alongside a focus group of health care providers varying in age, disciplines, and stages in careers with little experience in palliative care. This education can be applied to patients of any age, at any point from diagnosis to bereavement, in all care settings.
Each module takes about 15 minutes to complete and are foundational learnings for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, social workers, counsellors, allied health, and students who are not familiar with palliative care and a palliative approach but provide direct care for people with life-limiting illness in any health care setting.
We encourage session attendees to complete the first module (Domain 1: Palliative approach) prior to attending a Flexing Your Core: the 30-minute Palliative workout ECHO session. Each ECHO session, like the Learning Hub modules, is designed to optimize your learning in a short amount of time..
These eight Learning Hub modules are free to join and cover the following topics:
- Principles of Palliative Care and Palliative Approach: February 17, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Cultural Safety and Humility: February 24, 2023 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Communication: March 3, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Comfort and Quality of Life: March 10, 2023 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Care Planning and Collaborative Practice: March 24, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement: March 31, 2023 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Professional and Ethical Practice: April 21, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Self-Care: April 28, 2023 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.