BC Centre for Palliative Care
Introducing a new ECHO series for all health care providers. These sessions are for anyone working with people who are affected by serious illness and looking to incorporate the palliative approach to care into your daily practice. These short 30-minute sessions are designed to be a vehicle for sharing your own experience, resourcefulness, and inventiveness in your work and your daily interactions with patients across the care systems.
Eight Learning Hub modules have been created by a team of experts in palliative care and adult education, alongside a focus group of health care providers varying in age, disciplines, and stages in careers with little experience in palliative care. This education can be applied to patients of any age, at any point from diagnosis to bereavement, in all care settings.
Each module takes about 15 minutes to complete and are foundational learnings for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, social workers, counsellors, allied health, and students who are not familiar with palliative care and a palliative approach but provide direct care for people with life-limiting illness in any health care setting.
Once you have completed the first module (Domain 1: Palliative approach) you may take any or all of the remaining domains and we invite you to participate in a follow-up Flexing Your Core: The 30-Minute Palliative Workout ECHO session.
These eight Learning Hub modules are free to join and cover the following topics:
- Palliative Approach
- Comfort and Quality of Life: October 6, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT
- Self-Care: October 14, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT
- Cultural Safety and Humility: October 27, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT
- Care Planning and Collaborative Practice: November 4, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT
- Professional and Ethical Practice: November 10, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT
- Communication: November 25, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement: December 2, 2022 from 1–1:30 p.m. GMT