Covenant Health Palliative Institute
Are you part of an Alberta-based community organization interested in promoting palliative care education in your community?
Are you a healthcare professional with palliative care experience who is interested in providing public education?
If so, please join the Covenant Health Palliative Institute for its PalliLearn ECHO webinar series this fall.
PalliLearn is a series of short courses that help people to develop the knowledge and skills to be a supportive friend and neighbour in times of sickness and loss. The courses incorporate key research findings and practical ways to put them into action. The PalliLearn ECHO series is a train-the-trainer program that includes four pilot sessions – one for each PalliLearn course – and one three-hour facilitator training session.
- Your Role in a Compassionate Community: September 26, 2023, 12–1:15 p.m. MT
- What is Palliative Care?: October 3, 2023, 12–1:15 p.m. MT
- How to Have Conversations About Dying and Grief: October 10, 2023, 12–1:15 p.m. MT
- What Matters Most?: October 17, 2023, 12–1:15 p.m. MT
- PalliLearn Facilitator Training: October 31, 2023, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. MT
PalliLearn was developed in Australia and adapted for Alberta in partnership with Palliative Care South Australia and an Alberta working group.