This community of practice is for health care professionals, administrators, and system leaders working in long-term care. Participants will have the opportunity to build on foundational palliative care knowledge and practice their skills through a 13-part series that will include knowledge exchange opportunities and interactive, case-based discussions.
Each session is accredited (this 1-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 12 Mainpro+ credits).
- Introductory Session: session was held on December 9, 2021
- The Palliative Approach as Part of the Continuum of Care: session was held on January 13, 2022
- The Palliative Approach as an Inter-Professional, Team-Based Approach: session was held on February 10, 2022
- Individuals and their Loved Ones as Members of the Team: session was held on March 10, 2022
- Advance Care Planning: session was held on April 14, 2022
- Resources for Long-Term Care: session was held on May 12
- Spiritual and Religious Care as Part of the Holistic Approach: session was held on June 9, 2022
- Supporting New Team Members: session was held on July 14, 2022
- Honouring Personhood in Dementia Care: session was held on August 11, 2022
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Long-Term Care Setting: session was held on September 8, 2022
- Meaningful Measurement to Support Health System Improvements in Long-Term Care: session was held on October 13, 2022
- Mental Health and Resilience During the COVID Pandemic: Part 1: session was held on November 10, 2022
- Mental Health and Resilience During the COVID Pandemic: Part 2: December 8, 2022 from 12–1:00 p.m. ET
We encourage registrants to participate in as many sessions in the series as possible, although it is not required. A recording will be shared for all sessions missed.
Registration for this community of practice takes place in Pallium Central.
- Click here to visit Pallium Central and login or create an account
- Select Long-Term Care Community of Practice
- Type in the enrollment key: LTC2122