This community of practice was for those interested in connecting with peers in sessions facilitated by practice coaches. Participants had opportunities to bring knowledge to action in quality palliative care delivery, skill building through case-based discussions, shared experience, practice pearls, gold standard tools, breakout rooms, role play, etc.
This series was made up of 14 sessions that took place from November 2021 – June 2022.
- Introductory Session – PowerPoint
- Essential Communication Skills Part 1 – PowerPoint
- Essential Communication Skills Part 2 – PowerPoint
- Tools Practicum Part 1 – PowerPoint
- Tools Practicum Part 2 – PowerPoint
- Pain and Shortness of Breath Management – PowerPoint
- The Personal Support Worker Role in the Last Days and Hours – PowerPoint
- End of Life Medications and Side Effects – PowerPoint
- End of Life Delirium – PowerPoint
- Post-Mortem Care: Cultural Consideration and What Happens at the Funeral Home – PowerPoint
- Culturally Relevant Care – PowerPoint
- Trauma Informed Care and Cultural Safety – PowerPoint
- End-of-Life Care in Indigenous Contexts: Spotlight on the Six Nations Palliative Program – PowerPoint
- Understanding Tubes, Pumps, Bags, and Lines – PowerPoint