Are you a family caregiver looking after someone with chronic illness?
Join the Montreal Institute for Palliative Care for their Family Caregiver Interactive Information Series. The Montreal Institute for Palliative Care team has a wide range of expertise in caring with compassion, supporting family members, and managing illness.
This series is an opportunity to learn, exchange ideas, and connect with others who may have caregiving stories that resonate with your own.
Please note that all sessions will be offered in English. The presenters are bilingual and will be able to answer all questions in French.
These seven sessions are free to join, will be conducted interactively online, and cover the following topics:
- Family caregivers and advance care planning: October 5, 2023 from 5–6:30 p.m. ET
- Living and palliative care: Implications for family caregivers: November 23, 2023 from 5–6:30 p.m. ET
- Family support in palliative care: Helping children cope: December 14, 2023 from 5–6:30 p.m. ET
- Family caregivers palliative care: Caring for self when caring for others: January 18, 2024 from 5–6:30 p.m. ET
- Transitions in palliative care: Symptom management and psychosocial support: February 15, 2024 from 5–6:30 p.m. ET
- What now?: Family member grief and bereavement: March 21, 2024 from 4:30–6 p.m. ET
- Navigating the health care system: Challenges and support: April 25, 2024 from 5–6:30 p.m. ET