This community of practice focuses on supporting primary care clinicians to integrate primary palliative care in their practices. This program is geared towards any primary health care provider such as physicians, nurses or allied health professionals.
Find recordings and slides from our past sessions here.
Pain: Beyond the Basics
Communication: Part 2
Palliative Care and Substance Use Disorders
- Expert Panel Consensus on Management of Advanced Cancer–Related Pain in Individuals With Opioid Use Disorder
- Managing Concerning Behaviors in Patients Prescribed Opioids for Chronic Pain: A Delphi Study
- Opioid safety recommendations in adult palliative medicine: a North American Delphi expert consensus
- Top Ten Tips Palliative Care Clinicians Should Know About Buprenorphine
- Assessment tools for problematic opioid use in palliative care: A scoping review
GI Symptoms in Palliative Care
Spiritual Care and Rituals Around Death and Dying
- FICA Spiritual History Tool©
- End of life and after death rituals
- Dignity Therapy from Dr. Harvey Chochinov
- Life-Giving Rituals by Dr. Bruce Perry
Grief and Bereavement: Beyond the Basics
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow by Francis Weller
- The Mourner’s Dance by Katherine Ashenburg
- Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death by Joan Halifax
Practical Tips: Lessons from the front line
Looking for core fundamental training on the palliative care approach?
The Palliative Care ECHO Project does not replace core fundamental training on the palliative care approach. Pallium Canada offers an online course for all health care professionals that teaches the essential practical knowledge, attitudes, and skills to provide a palliative care approach. Learn more about LEAP Core.