Sessions will be running from November 2023 to July 2024.
Come be a part of the Paramedic Community of Practice!
This COP will connect you with community and frontline paramedics from across Canada who have a shared interest in integrating a palliative care approach for patients and their families. It will foster collaboration and knowledge exchange with our interprofessional panel of experts and peers from across Canada. We will take deep dives into palliative care related topics that paramedics are likely to encounter.
This series will be made up of 5 sessions that will be delivered bimonthly and will cover a broad range of topics. Each session will point learners to relevant resources for further study and practice supporting the topic covered.
The first series for this Community of Practice wrapped up in March 2023. To view topics that were covered and accompanying slides, click here.
Session dates are listed below:
- November 14, 2023 from 12–1:00 p.m. ET: Self-care
- January 16, 2024 from 12–1:00 p.m. ET: Serious illness conversations
- March 12, 2024 from 12–1:00 p.m. ET: Alternate destination in paramedicine; redirection to institutions other than a hospital
- May 14, 2024 from 12–1:00 p.m. ET: Addressing management of neurodiverse populations receiving a palliative approach to care
- July 22, 2024 from 12–1 p.m. ET: Pain and Symptom Management
Register for this community of practice via Pallium Central and you’ll receive reminder emails and access links before each Session.
- Click here to visit Pallium Central and login or create an account
- Select PARAMEDIC COP
- Type in the enrollment key: PCO